Technology & Combat Characteristics
A mobile suit used by Neo Zeon as a marine combat unit, it has the same frame as the AMS-129 Geara Zulu so it is easier to manufacture and maintain. At the same time, the AMS-129M Zee Zulu is equipped with ballast tanks, hydro jets, fins, heat knives and iron nails which gives it a better battle capabilities in an aquatic environment.
- Iron Nail
- Equipped on both forearms, also called heat claw. When used for close combat, three blades are deployed forward.
- Heat Knife
- Another heat-based fighting armament used by the Zee Zulu, made of ceramic polymer compound. Stores two in sheaths located on the back waist.
- Beam Machine Gun
- A dedicated firearm for the Zee Zulu, based on the model used by the Geara Zulu. Equipped with grenade launcher unit. Although it is housed in a sealed container while underwater, it is also possible to switch to the deflection shooting mode with increased beam convergence rate in the water.
- Heat Sword
- A melee weapon originally developed for the Gouf line of mobile suits. The blade is heated to high temperatures in order to increase its cutting capacity.
A squadron of Zee Zulus were fielded as escorts for the AMA-X7 Shamblo mobile armor, while it began its rampage at the port of Dakar in UC 0096. Neo Zeon pilot Avril Zech used a Zee Zulu to intercept a RAG-79-G1 Waterproof Gundam during the battle. Only two of the Zee Zulu pilots survived the Battle of Dakar and both of them boarded the Garencieres after the battle. The other two Zee Zulu supported other Zeon remnant forces but were eventually destroyed by the RX-160S Byarlant Custom during the attack on the Torrington Base.
- The Dutch word for "sea" is "zee" which reflects the Zee Zulu's amphibious nature.