The AMS-119S Geara Doga Kai is a variant of the AMS-119 Geara Doga. It is featured in the original design series Char's Counter Attack Mobile Suit Variations (CCA-MSV).
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Geara Doga Kai was developed simultaneously with the AMS-120X Geara Doga Psycommu System Test Type, and was a high performance machine for commanders. It used the same movable frame as the normal AMS-119 Geara Doga, but is armored with Gundarium Alloy instead, improving its defense by 40%. Furthermore, more than half of its internal avionics were newly developed, leading to higher overall performance.
- Beam sword-axe
- The only close combat weapon of the Geara Doga Kai is a beam sword-axe. It has two beam emitters, allowing it to produce beam blades in the shape of a typical beam saber, pick, or axe. The beam sword-axe is mounted on the rear skirt armor when not in use.
- Electric Wire
- The Geara Doga Kai can launch wires to ensare enemies and subdue them with electrical shocks before capture.
- As with most other mobile suits, the Geara Doga Kai mounts a physical shield on its left forearm. The suit's shield is different from the one used by the normal Geara Doga and its capabilities are unknown.
- Beam Rifle
- The Geara Doga Kai uses a unique beam rifle as its primary ranged beam weapon.
- A basic arm-mounted defense armament, that was originally used by the RGM-89 Jegan.
- Twin Missile Launcher
- The Jegan's shield has a pair of twin missile launchers. They fire small missiles that have composite sensors in their tips, allowing them to home in onto their target even under the interference of minovsky particles in the battlefield. However, they have a short range and are basically for use in close combat as they only carry a small amount of propellant.
An improved version of the Geara Doga for commander's use, the suit was not mass produced and only stayed as a prototype machine when its development was halted as Neo Zeon decided to concentrate their resources on developing the NZ-333 α Azieru.
In the Mobile Suit Gundam F90 manga, one unit was requisitioned independently by the Federation and modified to increase its performance, since the Geara Doga series had become obsolete by U.C. 120, the unit operated by the EFF's 13th Experimental Squadron had been renovated using a number of parts from the RGM-89 Jegan. Exterior changes were notable around the backpack, shoulders and legs, the main camera was changed from the Zeonic-style mono-eye sensor to the EFF standard visor-type sensor. The unit was also equipped with the same shield with twin missile launchers used by the Jegan.
|Londo Bell/Earth Federation|
|ν Gundam's variations|
FA-93HWS ν Gundam Heavy Weapons System Type | RX-93 ν Gundam Double Fin Funnel Type | RX-93-ν2 Hi-ν Gundam
RGC-90 Jegan Heavy Armor Type | RGM-89S Prototype Stark Jegan
RGZ-91B Re-GZ Custom
|Geara Doga's variations|
AMS-119 Geara Doga Heavy Armed Type | AMS-119S Geara Doga Kai | AMS-120X Geara Doga Psycommu System Test Type
| NZ-333 α Azieru's variations|
NZ-222 Psyco Doga | NZ-444 β Azieru