The AMS-119S Geara Doga Kai is a prototype mobile suit of the Neo Zeon Army. It is featured in Char's Counterattack Mobile Suit Variations.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Based on the Geara Doga, it was developed as a high-performance machine for commanders. The Geara Doga Kai used the same movable frame as the Geara Doga, but the armor material has been changed to Gundarium alloy, increasing its strength by 40%. In addition, the armor on the shins has been enlarged to reduce the degree of exposure of the internal frame. Most of the avionics are new, and its overall performance has been improved. The head has been enlarged, but this is due to the high-performance sensors installed. Thrusters have been added to the sides of the waist to improve mobility. The Geara Doga Kai has similar weapon configuration as the Geara Doga, but its shield and beam machine gun are of a different design.
- Beam Sword-Axe
- A beam weapon for close combat. It has two built-in beam emitters, allowing it to generate a sword-like beam blade, a short pick-shaped blade with high penetrating power, and an axe-shaped blade with high cutting power, depending on the situation. The beam sword-axe is mounted on the rear skirt armor when not in use.
- A foldable shield attached to the left forearm. The shape differs from that of the model used by the normal Geara Doga.
- Beam Machine Gun
- A beam machine gun with a unique shape. The shape is similar to the MSN-03 Jagd Doga's beam assault rifle.
- Grenade Launcher
- Attached to the bottom of the gun barrel.
- Shield (Jegan's)
- An alternate shield used by Sid Amber's Geara Doga Kai deployed in U.C 0120, it is the same shield as used by the RGM-89 Jegan. The shield has a pair of twin missile launchers. They fire small missiles that have composite sensors in their tips, allowing them to home in onto their target even under the interference of Minovsky particles in the battlefield. However, they have a short range and are basically for use in close combat as they only carry a small amount of propellant.
The Geara Doga Kai was developed simultaneously with the AMS-120X Geara Doga Psycommu System Test Type. Although it was a high-performance machine, mass production of this machine was postponed due to the decision to develop the NZ-333 α Azieru, which required the full power of the Neo Zeon MS development team, and it was only manufactured as a prototype.
In the Mobile Suit Gundam F90 manga, one unit was requisitioned independently by the Federation. Since the Geara Doga series had become obsolete by U.C. 120, the unit operated by the EFF's 13th Experimental Squadron was renovated using parts from the RGM-89 Jegan to increase its performance. Exterior changes were notable around the backpack, shoulders and legs, the main camera was changed from the Zeonic-style mono-eye sensor to the EFF standard visor-type sensor. The unit was also equipped with the Jegan's shield.
|Londo Bell/Earth Federation|
|ν Gundam's variations|
FA-93HWS ν Gundam Heavy Weapons System Type | RX-93 ν Gundam Double Fin Funnel Type | RX-93-ν2 Hi-ν Gundam
RGC-90 Jegan Heavy Armor Type | RGM-89S Prototype Stark Jegan
RGZ-91B Re-GZ Custom
|Geara Doga's variations|
AMS-119 Geara Doga Heavy Armed Type | AMS-119S Geara Doga Kai | AMS-120X Geara Doga Psycommu System Test Type
|NZ-333 α Azieru's variations|
NZ-222 Psyco Doga | NZ-444 β Azieru