Technology & Combat Characteristics
Char Aznable, leader of the revived Neo Zeon, emphasized the necessity of Newtype pilots and ordered the development of mobile suits equipped with Psycommu System. Design and development were carried out at a Neo Zeon Newtype research institute, starting with prototype models based on the mass production AMS-119 Geara Doga. The newly created machines were given the development codes AMS-119N and AMS-120, however, both units did not achieve their intended results. The AMS-120 had higher potential as a Newtype MS and development was left to Anaheim Electronics, which further developed it as the MSN-03 Jagd Doga. In addition, the data obtained in its development was used in the design of the MSN-04 Sazabi.
- Identical to the funnels found on the Jagd Doga, the Röte Doga mounts three funnels on each of its legs. One funnel has a power rating of 10.6 MW, and can easily destroy enemy MS. Once the funnels ran out of power, they were discarded and left to float in space.
- Beam Rifle
- The Röte Doga uses a beam rifle as its primary weapon, it is capable of firing concentrated mega particles that damages any ordinary armor that has not been specially treated to resist the attacks.
- A shield, which is identical in appearance to the Sazabi's, can be mounted onto the left forearm of the Röte Doga.
Special Equipment & Features
- Psycommu System
- A Psycommu is a device connected directly into the user's thoughts, through which the user can manipulate it by using his/her mind. The system works passively scans the brainwaves of newtypes, amplifying them in order to send the brainwave signal out long distances, and then Nranslating these brainwaves into raw machine codes upon being received by the selected object. Since brainwaves are not affected by the radio interference property of Minovsky particles, at first it was mainly used to mentally control remote weapons, usually mounted with a single beam gun. This enabled the resurrection of BVR engagements, with bits and funnels being the first weapons able to engage targets without visual contact since the development of the Minovsky particle.
The AMS-119N Röte Doga was painted crimson and was Char's temporary machine until the completion of the Sazabi.
- Röte is German for "Redness".