The AGX-04A1 Gerbera Tetra Kai ("Kai" is the Japanese Kanji character "改", In English translates into "Modified") is a variant of AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra designed by Mika Akitaka. It first appeared in Bandai Visual's Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory laserdisc and later appeared in Hobby Japan's GUNDAM WEAPONS 3 as well as Gihren's Greed video game. Katoki Hajime later re-design it as part of Gundam Fix Figuration in 2002.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
An improvement plan for the Gerbera Tetra, the Gerbera Tetra Kai was designed with the concept of turning the optional Sturm Booster into fixed equipment, greatly improving its thrust and mobility. According to some sources, its beam machine gun was also enhanced.
- 110mm Machine Cannon
- The Gerbera Tetra Kai is equipped with four 110mm machine cannons, two mounted on each forearm, with the magazines attached to the elbows. They are much stronger than the 60mm vulcan guns mounted in the head of the Gundam and GM-type mobile suits, and combined with their excellent rate of fire, they are extremely effective in mid-close range mobile suit combat.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when deployed and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade. The Gerbera Tetra Kai has two beam sabers stored in an unknown location.
- X-04 Beam Machine Gun
- A prototype beam weapon that continuously fires pulse shaped beams and excels in sweeping fire and assault use, causing widespread destruction by multiple shots. As the technology for intermittently firing mega particles is under development, a cooling jacket and a coolant tank is connected to the barrel and the lower part of the barrel respectively. A forced cooling nozzle is also located at the back of the generator section. When the gun has reached its operating limit, the top part of the generator section slides out for forced cooling and a limiter is also activated, disabling the rapid-fire mode. Reactivation of the mode requires a new coolant tank.
Little is known about the Gerbera Tetra Kai, other than that it was apparently an enhancement plan for the Gerbera Tetra intended to be piloted by Cima Garahau after her betrayal of the Delaz Fleet. As the Gerbera Tetra was destroyed at the end of Operation Stardust, the Gerbera Tetra Kai never came into existence.
Notes & Trivia
- Since the original Gerbera Tetra Kai model was based on an illustration of the upper body, the modeller had to improvise for the rest of the model. The Gerbera Tetra Kai model in Gihren's Greed: Blood of Zeon was based on this model.
- Hajime Katoki's redesign of Gerbera Tetra Kai for Gundam Fix Figuration featured a drastically altered back design.