The AGE-2DC Gundam AGE-2 Double Blade is a variant of the AGE-2 Gundam AGE-2 Normal first featured in the Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Cosmic Drive/Universe Accel video game and the Mobile Suit Gundam AGE -UNKNOWN SOLDIERS- design series.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The AGE-2 Double Blade is a close combat variant of the AGE-2 Normal designed specifically for Earth use, the Strider mode's output as well as balance have been improved to meet the needs of atmospheric flight. Although the Double Blade pack is similar to the Double Bullet pack, numerous improvements have been made to it. The suit is equipped with movable shield binders mounted on both shoulders, and each binder has a hidden thruster as well as a wire-guided pincer known as Wire Scissor. The thrusters can be used to assist in pulling enemy unit captured by the Wire Scissors towards Double Blade. Other armaments includes a pair of Heat Swords stored on the knee armor and Beam Sabers stored in the back skirt.
- Wire Scissor
- Mounted on the tip of each binder, the pair of Wire Scissors are pincers that are attached to carbon nanowires. The Wire Scissors have strong destructive power and can be used to restrain or capture enemy targets. Their usage are similar to the Anchor Shots of the later AGE-2DH Gundam AGE-2 Dark Hound.
- Heat Sword
- Two solid blades stored on the suit's knee armors. They can be mounted on the forearms and can generate enough heat to cut through enemy armor.
- Beam Saber
- The Gundam AGE-2 Double Blade retains the pair of Beam Sabers used by the Gundam AGE-2 Normal. Stored on the rear skirt armor, the Beam Saber is a close combat weapon that emits a beam blade during battle and is capable of damaging Vagan's mobile suits such as the Dorado.
The AGE-2 Double Blade was operated by Asemu Asuno, who became the team leader of a special forces unit. It saw combat against a prototype Vagan mobile suit during a test flight near a certain port city on Earth. This also makes it one of the few wear packs that experience combat while still in testing phase.
Notes & Trivia
- The description of the prototype Vagan mobile suit seems to be of a wingless ovv-af Danazine.
- "Hobby Japan" Monthly, Hobby Japan, August 2012, JAN 4910081270826.
|Gundam Age: UNKNOWN SOLDIERS Mechanics|
|Gundam AGE-1's variations|
AGE-1AJ Gundam AGE-1 Assault Jacket | AGE-1R Gundam AGE-1 Razor | AGE-1ST Gundam AGE-1 Starks
|Gundam AGE-2's variation|
AGE-2DC Gundam AGE-2 Double Blade
|Gundam AGE-FX's variation|
AGE-FX Gundam AGE-FX (A-Funnel Equipment Type)
RGE-G1100ST Adele Starks
BMS-003 Shaldoll Rogue
BMS-004 G-Exes Jackedge
BMS-005 G-Xiphos | BMS-005SS G-Xiphos (Snake Sword Equipment Type)
|Madorna Workshop / Civilians|