Technology & Combat Characteristics
A high speed variant of the AGE-1 Gundam AGE-1 Normal, at 33.4 tons, it is almost 25% lighter than the AGE-1 Normal. The Spallow was developed to counter the UE's high mobility mobile suit, xvv-xc Zedas. The introduction of lighter parts and more attitude control verniers allows the Spallow to achieve speed and maneuverability unprecedented in the history of MS. Its mobility actually exceeds that of the Zedas, and its "Shiguru Blade" has even greater cutting power than the Zedas sword, cutting through the sword with barely any effort. To reduce the chances of being detected, it was not given any beam weapons.
- Shiguru Blade
- A short sword that functions as Spallow's main weapon, it can cut through the armor and sword of the Zedas. The Spallow can increase the blade's cutting strength by using it in conjunction with built-in forearm thrusters. The Shiguru Blade uses single-molecule high-speed vibration to offset resistance when cutting physical objects. It is usually aimed at the joints of enemy MS. Despite its appearance, the blade is actually really heavy and requires the whole body to swing in order to make the blade swing as well. The blade also requires time to solidify itself after cuts and is not designed to be used for long periods. The Shiguru Blade is stored on the rear waist armor when not in use.
- The AGE System is the Special OS for the Gundam AGE-1 engineered by the lineage of the Asuno family. It researches the evolution of living beings by digitizing the mysteries surrounding it and collects battle data to customize itself, grows alongside the pilot and is customized and used exclusively by the pilot itself. The only person who can use this system is Flit himself. In order to mobilize the Gundam, the AGE Device must be used.
For the history of the AGE-1 Spallow, go to Flit Asuno's page
Notes and Trivia
- AGE-1 Spallow's English name was not released when the suit's design was first revealed, so many fans thought the translated English name would be 'AGE-1 Sparrow' as the 'ロ' character in the Japanse name 'AGE-1 スパロー' could be translated either with a 'r' or 'l' sound.
- According to Mark Simmons, one of the English translators working for Sunrise, the company specifically requested the "Spallow" spelling, to include the meaning of "spall" (pieces of material which are sheared off from objects by high-impact collisions).
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Episode 14, Flash of Sorrow
- ↑ January 26, 2009. SOTSU 2012 Sunrise, MBS site. Official Mobile Suit Gundam AGE "MS Gundam AGE-1 Spallow".
- ↑ According to p.105 of the Gundam Age Vol. 2 novelization, the AGE-1 Spallow uses repulsive forces, produced by the interaction of energy fields that are generated throughout the body, to achieve high acceleration and deceleration in the vacuum of space. It is capable of breaking the sound barrier
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 High Grade 1/144 "Gundam Sparrow AGE-1" model kit manual, Bandai, (2011)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Master Grade 1/100 "AGE-1S Gundam AGE-1 Spallow" model kit manual
- ↑ p.105, Gundam Age Vol. 2 novelization.
- ↑ The projectiles are fired at a speed of 30 kilometers per second by repulsive forces. p.108, Gundam Age Vol. 2 novelization.
- ↑ Gundam AGEs forum