Technology & Combat Characteristics
After the Gundam AGE-1 Flat was severely damaged and the completion of AGE-FX Gundam AGE-FX, the Gundam AGE-1 Flat was upgraded to keep its performance on par with current mobile suits. Its upgrades consisted of additional armor and new weaponry in the form of a pair of forearm-mounted Shield Rifles as well as six Missile Launchers in the added armor pieces. With enhanced defensive and offensive capabilities, this new form is known as Gundam AGE-1 Glansa. The AGE-1 Glansa was later equipped with the new Glastron Launcher, a back-mounted high mobility unit armed with a pair of beam launchers, and become known as the Gundam AGE-1 Full Glansa. When needed, both the additional armor and the Glastron Launchers could be purged.
- Beam Saber/Dagger
- Like the original AGE-1 Flat, the AGE-1 Glansa/AGE-1 Full Glansa has a pair of beam sabers stored in its side skirt armor. The beam sabers can adjust the length of their beam blades to suit different combat situations.
- Shield Rifle
- Mounted on the AGE-1 Glansa/AGE-1 Full Glansa's forearms, it combines the function of a shield and a DODS Rifle into a single weapon. It has a beam emitter in between the two pointed ends, and this emitter can fire beam shots for ranged combat or emit a large beam saber for close combat.
- Missile Launcher
- The AGE-1 Glansa/AGE-1 Full Glansa is armed with a total of six missile launchers, with two on each added shoulder armor and one on the front of each added leg armor.
- Glastron Launcher
- An optional armament pack mounted on the back, it is developed from the Zefuld Launcher used previously by AGE-1 Flat during the Asemu arc. The Glastron Launcher consisted of a high mobility unit and a pair of beam launchers that are similar to the Gundam AGE-3 Normal's SigMaxiss Rifle. With the Glastron Launcher equipped, the Gundam AGE-1 Glansa is referred to as Gundam AGE-1 Full Glansa.
- DODS Hammer
- An optional melee weapon only available in the PSP game, it is a hammer that uses spiral force in order to deal heavy damage.
The Gundam AGE-1 Glansa is first deployed in A.G. 164, in the battle for the Luna Base. The Gundam AGE-1 Full Glansa is deployed in the final battle with the Vagans that occurred around the Vagan fortress La Gramis.
Linearts & Screenshots
- There is a scenario difference in the storyline in Episode 49 of the anime and the final chapter of the story featured in the Gundam AGE PSP Game which is based on it: In the anime, AGE-1 Full Glansa purges all its armor and Glastron Launcher before returning to its mothership to relaunch itself as AGE-1 Flat equipped with the Plasma Diver Missile to strike at Second Moon alone before being stopped by Kio and his Gundam AGE-FX. In Flit's declaration to ask all troops to work together to destroy La Gramis to save the Mars Sphere people in which he fires the Plasma Diver Missile into the air to signal the halting of all battle. In the PSP storyline however, the same action was attempted by Flit Asuno using the AGE-1 Full Glansa who tries to shoot down Second Moon using its Glastron Launcher before the beam and missile attacks were blocked by Kio's AGE-FX. In addition, the part of the storyline where Flit asks for everyone's help in saving Second Moon involves AGE-1 Full Glansa firing its Shield Rifle shot in the air instead of the Plasma Diver Missile.