Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Gundam AGE-1 Flat is the variant of Gundam AGE-1 Normal with the AGE System removed, indicated by the new white chest piece and the yellow eyes. Even without the AGE System, the AGE-1 Flat can still battle against advanced Vagan mobile suits in A.G. 140s thanks to Flit's high piloting skills. However, by A.G. 164, the ageing mobile suit was no longer able to keep up with newer Vagan models (such as the Ghirarga and the Xamdrag), resulting in it being heavily damaged in battle. As a result, it was upgraded into the more powerful AGE-1G Gundam AGE-1 Glansa.
- DODS Rifle
- The basic long-range armament of the AGE-1 Flat. The DODS Rifle can assume two modes: normal and sniping. The DODS Rifle is capable of piercing through the Vagan's mobile suit armor by spinning the beam like a powerful drill. The DODS Rifle has a limited number of shots, enough to keep a running battle going for some time but eventually repeated use without resupply will render the weapon empty. The DODS Rifle can be stored on the rear waist when not in use. The word DODS is an acronym that means "Drill-Orbital Discharge System".
- Beam Saber/Dagger
- Stored in the AGE-1 Flat's side skirt armor are a pair of beam sabers. The beam sabers can adjust the length of their beam blades to suit different combat situations and are strong enough to pierce and destroy the Vagan's mass-production mobile suits such as Gafran, Baqto, etc. One can be used as a reserve weapon, or both can be used simultaneously in a twin sword fashion.
- The AGE-1 Flat's defensive armament. This is the same shield as used by the original AGE-1
- Zefuld Launcher
- An optional high mobility unit mounted on the AGE-1 Flat's back, it is armed with a pair of missile launchers loaded with a powerful missile each. Flit used the Zefuld Launcher to destroy Downes's propulsion system, before discarding it.
- Plasma Diver Missile
- A base-capture tactical weapon, used during the Battle of La Gramis.
For the AGE-1 Flat's history, please see Flit Asuno's page
Notes & Trivia
- In the 4th Opening of the series, the Gundam AGE-1 Flat received an upgrade, which some people dubbed the "AGE-1F Gundam AGE-1 Flat Full Armor". It was eventually revealed to be named the AGE-1G Gundam AGE-1 Glansa.
- The AGE-1 Flat is reminiscent of the GX-9900-DV Gundam X Divider in that both are refitted to function without the need of an external input device (AGE Device and G-Controller respectively)
- A running gag for AGE-1 Flat is its forearms are often lost at the end in every mission.
- Gundam AGE Novel 1