Technology & Combat Characteristics
The AEU-09 AEU Enact is the latest MS developed by the Advanced European Union in AD 2307. A solar energy model, this MS can accept a direct supply of power from the Orbital Elevator's generation system. The basic design is noted by Union scientist Billy Katagiri to be heavily based on the Union's SVMS-01 Union Flag and shares many features such as the flight form transformation and armaments. The Enact is a high performance mobile suit that is capable of transforming into a high speed jet fighter mode. Both modes are capable of aerial flight with the mobile suit mode providing greater mobility and the jet fighter mode providing greater speed.
The Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom is a tuned-up, improved version of a prototype Enact and is given to Ali Al-Saachez by PMC Trust. It is lighter than normal as its armor has been reduced upon Ali's request and the power receiving antennas on the head and shoulders have been enlarged, greatly improving the system's capability. The suit is armed with similar weapons as the standard Enact, and its main weapon is a blade rifle (combination of a linear rifle with a carbon blade) that can mount an optional missile launcher. Additionally, the Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom can dock with the mobile armor AEU-MA07013 Agrissa, an old model used in the 5th Solar Power War. When used with the Agrissa, the unit is given a red, anti-plasma paint to protect it from the former's plasma field.
- 20mm Machine Gun
- This mobile suit is equipped with a 20mm machine gun mounted on the left side of the pelvis, near its left hip joint.. This rapid-fire armament is ideal for shooting down incoming missiles or small vehicles. The 20mm machine gun however is generally ineffective in against heavily armored targets like mobile suits.
- Blade Rifle
- The Blade Rifle is a combination of the linear rifle (a rifle that fires electromagnetically-accelerated live rounds) with a large carbon blade. The carbon blade is stored above the rifle's barrel and slides forwards when in use. With the blade rifle, the Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom can quickly switch between ranged and melee combat without changing weapons. The carbon blade can also split into two, forming a scissor-like weapon while the rifle itself can also mount other weaponry, like the missile launcher.
- Missile Launcher
- An optional weapon clamped around the blade rifle, it contains 4 missiles that are carrying 14 smaller missiles each. Although they do not have homing or other advanced functions, the missiles can still deal serious damage to the area they hit.
- Defense Rod
- A standard defensive feature of AEU and Union mobile suits. The defense rod is a rotating rod usually connected to the elbow joint of the mobile suits left arm. The rod is capable of deflecting certain physical rounds such as bullets from a machine gun and in some cases a shot from a beam rifle by generating a plasma field. Like the SVMS-01 Union Flag's defense rod, it is lighter allowing the Enact to have an agility and speed advantage over its opponents.
- Large Sonic Blade
- The Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom uses an enlarged version of the standard Enact's sonic blade, and because of its size, it is mounted externally on the elbow joint instead of being stored in the forearms. A sonic blade is a folding dagger-like weapon that incorporates a high-frequency oscillating blade. The vibrations of the oscillating blade greatly increase the weapon's cutting capabilities. The weapon has been known to cause pain to the ears of nearby people not properly protected. It can focus plasma in a sword shape to form a plasma sword.
- Depending on mission parameters, the Enact can be equipped with different missiles like air-to-air missiles, air-to-surface missiles or even surface-to-air missiles. These missiles are stored in the shin compartment, which when the missiles are fired would open to launch them.
Special Equipment & Features
- Drum Cockpit
- The drum cockpit is designed to reduce the G forces exerted on the pilot during the unit's flight. It achieves this by having the pilot sit in a lying down fashion. Overall this decreases the burden on the pilot. A sub-cockpit is located in the waist for escape purposes. This feature was originally from the SVMS-01 Union Flag.
- Visor AI
- This AI on the Enact is used to control the patterns made by the unit's visor. This feature was originally from the Union's Flag.
The AEU-09Y812 AEU Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom was given to Ali Al-Saachez in AD 2307 to defeat and capture the Gundams in The Republic of Moralia in Southeastern France during an armed forces in joint exercise with French-led AEU forces. Then Ali would take the Custom Enact and end up in a duel against the GN-001 Gundam Exia. Ali's skills in close combat, and the fact that he unknowingly taught the pilot of the Exia, allowed his Enact to gain the upper-hand against the Exia. Whether he would have defeated the Exia is unknown as he retreated when GN-002 Gundam Dynames interfered.
Ali would use his Custom Enact again when his group kidnapped the leader of Kingdom of Azadistan's conservative faction, Rasa Massoud Rachmadi. Aside from kidnapping a religious leader, the Enact was used to launch a missile assault that destroyed the under construction solar relay. The day after the missile assault the Custom Enact would duel the Exia again and while Ali would initially gain the upper hand as before, he would be forced to retreat after Setsuna disabled the Enact by cutting off its right arm with the Exia's GN Blade.
Its last appearance would be when Ali confronts the Trinity pilots and kills Michael Trinity. Ali subsequently abandons the Enact in favor of the Throne Zwei, and the machine's ultimate fate is unknown.
For more information on the AEU Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom's history, please go to Ali Al-Saachez's page.
Notes & Trivia
- ↑ Gundam 00V Gundam Weapons sourcebook; development chart
- AEU-09Y812 AEU Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom on MAHQ.net
- AEU-09Y812 AEU Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom Agrissa Type on MAHQ.net